Michigan to get $75 million more to fight blight

"I just want to get this project. received .8 million of federal Hardest Hit funding one year ago for blight abatement and Muskegon Heights plans to demolish roughly 200 buildings with the money..

LANSING – The federal government is sending about $188 million more to Michigan that can be used to help eliminate blight in the state’s communities, officials announced Wednesday. The money.

LANSING, Mich. (AP) – Michigan plans to fight blight in 12 cities using $75 million in federal funding, the latest in a series of efforts to deal with vacant and dilapidated buildings across the.

The MSHDA already received $100 million in an previous grant from the Hardest Hit Fund, but now the state will get even more to . . . The fight against residential blight isn’t over in Michigan.

Michigan is dedicating 75 percent of the additional $74.5 million it just received to clean up blight and the remaining 25 percent to keep people in their homes with mortgage assistance. This time only two cities get blight assistance. Detroit gets get $41.9 million and Flint $13.9 million.

Detroit getting $50 million to fight blight. The following is an excerpt: Detroit – Michigan is splitting $75 million in federal funding between 12 cities, including nearly $50 million for Detroit, in its latest battle to reduce blight in the state, the governor’s office announced Tuesday.

FHA temporarily eases guidance on condo approvals The ease with which deliberate contacts and coordination between Russia and Trump associates could have occurred is readily apparent. While Special Counsel Robert Mueller investigates the extent of.

 · Michigan State University has agreed to pay $500 million to settle the legal claims brought by 332 survivors of the sexual abuse committed by Larry Nassar, a longtime doctor there, the university announced wednesday.. According to a statement announcing the settlement, Michigan State will pay $425 million to the current and former students who are already party to the various lawsuits.

Wells Fargo to investors: This is how digital lending makes us profitable How long will this mortgage drought last? Drought in Australia is defined by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology as rainfall over a three-month period being in the lowest decile of what has been recorded for that region in the past. This definition takes into account that drought is a relative term and rainfall deficiencies need to be compared to typical rainfall patterns including seasonal variations."The past year has been humbling and challenging," the wells fargo ceo said in prepared remarks provided by the bank on Monday. "We are resolving past problems even as we make changes to ensure.

DETROIT (AP) — The state of Michigan has divided more than $75 million in federal funding to fight blight among 12 cities, with Detroit getting about two-thirds of the money. The funding details.

Senate Bank Chair weighs sweeping GSE, mortgage lending overhaul GSE overhaul needs FHFA and Congress to succeed: Calabria The federal housing finance Agency has appeared willing to take its own steps to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but legislation would be necessary to create an explicit guarantee of the mortgage system.Foreclosure sales drop to lowest level since 2007 As metro Phoenix’s employment rate continued to grow in 2018, office vacancies in the Valley dropped to their lowest level since 2007. The Phoenix area ended. that the vacancy rate will continue to.

Michigan has divided more than $75 million in federal funding to fight blight among 12 cities, with Detroit getting about two-thirds of the money, as part of efforts to deal with vacant and.

$100 million in federal funding is headed to Michigan to help knock down abandoned homes. NBC25’s Walter Smith-Randolph reports from Flint.